[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:42:10 -0400

It would be very difficult to rig unnoticeable on-channel repeaters for
six or seven NY TV stations.  The same box was tested at other sites
with similar results.  I see nothing unrepeatable about the results.
The results at my apartment were similar to what other people
experienced with the same box.

What hasn't been repeated is SOMEONE ELSE'S box (not LG's) achieving the
same results.  That's like having a ride in a Rolls and then complaining
that the ride in every Yugo you've tried since hasn't been as good --
even though it has the same gas in it.

You may legitimately complain about LG's decision not to sell STBs, and
you may hypothesize about why.  But the fact that a different
manufacturer's box doesn't yield the same results as LG's hardly
indicates unrepeatability.

TTFN,
Mark