[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:42:12 -0400

It is just beyond credibility to me that companies trying to
license the 5th gen chip from LG are not given the needed info and
allowed to analyze the only existing magically working receiver.

I do not accept it is like the golden egg laying goose that would
stop functioning if opened.

I also cannot believe that Congress is willing to make a lot of
noise about finishing the transition and yet will not officially
ask these questions of LG, accepting instead a plastic mockup
being waved in the air.

LG already knows!  Make them put up or shut up.

- Tom