[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:36:09 -0400

You're just spinning your wheels, as you have been for the past 5 years.

If you have a legit business plan and legit financing, then YOU
dictate to the manufacturers.  You put out a tender specifying
exactly what you want, how you want it to perform, how many you want,
and what price you'll willing to pay.  THEN you evaluate product that
is supposed to meet YOUR spec.

It's clear to me that you're simply afraid of a market failure.  So
instead of facing that inevitable conclusion, you'd rather blame
everybody and everything else for not getting started in the first
place.  Blame the modulation, blame the hardware, blame the government.

Blame yourself!