[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 15:14:38 -0400

I guess you don't recall Frank Eory stating that they hit some 40
miles per hour (IIRC) before losing reception with their first 8VSB
chip.  Or the clip I posted over a year ago showing LG's mobile
demonstration that was - as I was told - of their 5th gen chip.  Bob
later commented that they were testing something different, but again
- agenda.

But, like Doug said, the point is really quite moot.  DTV was never
about mobile reception.  It's supposedly possible today in the UK,
but is there consumer demand or product available for this??