[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:48:48 -0700

On Mon, 2005-05-16 at 11:33 -0400, John Shutt wrote:
> Bull, Bert.  First of all, you have zero experience at how well European
> receivers "really" work, and second of all you have zero experience at how
> well ATSC "really" works.
>
> I simply point you to www.viacel.com/bob.wmv to see how low power COFDM
> really works.  May one day you will actually watch this demo and then run
> down to your local Best Buy to play with an ATSC receiver.

Well here's some subjectiveness -

- My uncle in Germany always complains about his crappy digital tv
reception. This is their new tower, I'm not sure if it is any better:
http://www.litux.org/photos/2004.10/2004.10.17-Duesseldorf%20Tower/ .

- Watch how Bob deftly moves that camcorder between screens when one
starts to experience breakup and/or freezing.

Cheers
Kon