[opendtv] Re: Let them eat cake (and ATSC while they're at it)

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 12:15:33 -0400

I have seen DVB-T hierarchical work that (combined) provided more bit
delivery than 19.39...just a memory...
Doug McDonald wrote:

>John Shutt wrote:
>

>>I simply point you to www.viacel.com/bob.wmv to see how low power COFDM
>>really works. May one day you will actually watch this demo and then run
>>

>down to your local Best Buy to play with an ATSC receiver.
>

>John .... you are getting as bad as Bob and Dermot.
>

>John .... that demo CANNOT be compared to ATSC ***AT ALL***
>because it is much less than 19.3 Mb/sec. Mobile, bitrate
>matters, and matters a lot ... independant of power.
>And that was not a "low power" scenario .... because
>Bob never drove very far from the transmitter. He never,
>for example, was at least a few miles beyond the LOS horizon.
>
>Doug McDonald

Regards,
Mark A. Aitken Director, Advanced Technology

***********************************
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

"America will never be destroyed
from the outside. If we falter
and lose our freedoms, it will be
because we destroyed ourselves."

~ ~ ~ Abraham Lincoln ~ ~ ~
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this
email message is addressed.  If you have received this email message in
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and
destroy the original message without making a copy.  Thank you.