[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 15:09:56 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

There is NOT A CHANCE of starting over.  The clock is ticking www.mstv.com.  It
would take about two years -- minimum to do the studies and the proceeding at
the FCC to begin the process, if the FCC was so disposed.

Your post-cutoff analysis is somewhat flawed, since the FCC has previously said
that permitting OFDM on broadcast bands won't even be considered until after
analog sunsets.  So, sometime after analog is off (I suspect we're talking
about the sunset of LPTV analog, by the way, not full service analog), the FCC
may open a proceeding that will take years, to permit OFDM.

That ain't starting over; it's just being permissive about OFDM.

May you live so long.