[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 18:14:07 -0500

Bob Miller wrote:

> Had a discussion with a major player two hours ago and that
> was the topic. Still can't pull the trigger. Could not tell
> him I thought it was a good idea to start something using
> 8-VSB and or A-VSB. Doubt if I ever will.

That's funny. Would you sell to you under the same circumstances?

> Have you been open to the idea of switching to a different
> modulation all these years?

Sure, but after the Hong Tests of 2000, and most especially after the
Linx prototype tests of 2003, it became crystal clear to me that the
real problem with DTT deployment here had zip zero to do with modulation
schemes. You can check back in the old topica archives.

I think the real problem with DTT deployment here has to do with people
who benefit from a declining FOTA TV system. That's what has made the
persistent whining so annoying.