[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 15:05:09 -0500

Tom Barry wrote:

> But I'm of the school that says we will soon have very fast
> fiber connecting all important (worth paying money) fixed
> locations in this country anyway.

Just like cable now.

And just like cable, services carried over the fast fiber link won't be
free. A good 40 percent of households are happy to decline cable. And
some households only use cable for the broadband Internet link, not for
TV.

So even with a fiber link, other TV distribution media, as well as other
two-way links, still have a place, I do believe.