[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2006 16:51:14 -0500

Geico?

Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
A robust 1.5 Mbps that may be available in a few years
coupled with a still lousy 8-VSB 13.39 Mbps does not compare
favorably with anything COFDM and I think a cave man would
be able to tell the difference. Haven't you seen the
commercials? Give those guys a break.

I don't know what commercials you mean, but I am still comparing apples
with apples. The Dotcast Moviebeam scheme works because the subscribers
are vetted by the company. And it requires a lot more signal umph than a
regular 8-VSB scheme would require, for much less channel usefulness
than an 8-VSB version.

--
<>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>
Regards,

"As far as the laws of mathematics
refer to reality, they are not certain,
and as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."

------- Albert Einstein-------

===================================

"I like nonsense---it wakes up the brain cells.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
It's a way of looking at life through the
wrong end of a telescope...and that enables
you to laugh at all of life's realities."

~ ~ Theodor S. Geisel, a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss" ~ ~

Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx