[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 09 Nov 2006 19:01:44 -0500

I agree that the economic model for MovieBeam seems weak, and it holds no attraction for me whatsoever, but Bert was questioning the SNR requirements, and I haven't heard of a single complaint about that.

TTFN,
Mark

John Shutt wrote:
How many boxes, in how many markets, with service to how many customers?

The Europeans created the most magnificent passenger aircraft ever conceived, the Concorde, yet never made a profit with it. I can't say the MovieBeam boxes even approach the beauty of the Concord, but their economic performances may be remarkably similar.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Schubin" <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

MovieBeam is selling boxes and service.

TTFN,