[opendtv] Re: Let the games begin

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Nov 2006 22:06:58 -0500

flyback1 wrote:
> Not even with the Democrats now in full control of the entire Congress
> as of [according to the AP] eight minutes ago?

Yep. I don't expect that to change HDTV much in the next couple years. But I guess I'm glad it happened, since that's the way I voted to send a disgruntled citizen message. Article:

<http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/us/AP-Election-Rdp.html?_r=1&oref=slogin>

- Tom

John Willkie wrote:

Tom;

I'm all in favor of a hard shutoff date for analog. We now have one for full service tv, and I've always told chief engineers that they needed to plan that the analog cutoff would come at the end of this year.

I disagree that "once faced with the reality of ATSC and nothing but ATSC" that any change is likely, at least starting over.
Not even with the Democrats now in full control of the entire Congress as of [according to the AP] eight minutes ago?

Tom Barry                       trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx
Find my resume and video filters at www.trbarry.com