[opendtv] Re: Legacy Broadcast of 'The Ten Commandments'

  • From: Cliff Benham <flyback1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:50:43 -0400

John Willkie wrote:
I'm not sure there's much of an advantage for headphones to transmit 5.1
over 5.0, and I doubt there's much of a reason to synthesize 7.1 or 9.1 out
of 5.1, regardless of the transducer and the audio environment.

I just got a $35 name brand 24 bit PCI bus sound card with 5.1/7.1 channel capability and SPDIF output too.

At this price it must be fairly common to have some sort of 5.1 channel sound at home.