[opendtv] Re: Lawmakers Grill Comcast-NBCU Merger Witnesses

  • From: "Richard C. Ramsden" <ramsden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 07 Feb 2010 23:09:49 -0500

Comcast is selling the O&Os as required by FCC regulations.
They only want NBCU's content. The broadcast assets are just the junk they have to get rid of, though they will get the best price they can. Broadcasters have an enormous asset, which they were given for free. I have less than no sympathy for their current plight.

It's just business.

On 2/5/2010 7:07 PM, Albert Manfredi wrote:
Seems that all the fuss is about ensuring that other cable networks have access
to the Comcast/NBC content.

Instead my concern continues to be, what is Comcast planning to do with the NBC
O&Os, and OTA broadcasting of NBC content in general. That is rarely, if ever,
mentioned.

Bert
<snip>