[opendtv] Re: Lawmakers Establish 2009 Deadline for Analog TV Phaseout

  • From: Cliff Benham <cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2005 19:42:24 -0500

I do it all the time. I tune in a weak Philadelphia Classical/Jazz NPR
station and sometimes
I can pull in WQXR, New York. I also tune to a Salisbury, Md. FM station
WBJC that
plays classical music.
As far a local stations providing adequate service, thats a laugh.
I can't even get All Things Considered at home most of the time. It is
ONLY on one frequency in this area.
If I try to listen to NPR news I get it twice a few seconds apart
because both the Philly station and the Washington D.C. station
are on that SAME frequency. But they are not synchronized. The audio
from one is about 12 seconds ahead
of the other. No other stations I can receive carry ATC. Talk about bad
service...
I have a 12 element Yagi with a rotor for FM and a low noise tunable
preselector. Doesn't help.
This "simulcast" must be breaking some FCC rule...