[opendtv] Re: Lawmakers Establish 2009 Deadline for Analog TV Phaseout

  • From: John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2005 11:40:09 -0500

Oh good, you're just as confused as I am over John's last comment.

Smart is to Mercedes Benz (who offers SUVs) as DVB-H is to ATSC.
Related, but catering to completely different markets.

Even if there was an ATSC mobile "mode", do you really think the
networks would allow you to broadcast their material that way?  How
much does Verizon and Apple (for example) pay them to address the
mobile market?  How much do you?  How much would you?