[opendtv] Re: Late Show on CBS

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2015 07:49:14 -0400

I misspoke. When I selected the Late Show on the CBS.com website it opened the
CBS App. When I quit the App it dumped me back to the website.

On Sep 16, 2015, at 7:45 AM, Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I found out this morning that Tim Cook was on the new Late Show with Stephe
Colbert last night, so I decided to see if I could watch the show segment.

Some interesting observations...

I clicked a link, and rather than taking me to the CBS App, it took me to
CBS.com.

I found the free episode from last night and opened it. Got a commercial
break that I could not skip, then the opening monologue segment. On the
timeline you could see where each show segment began so I started looking for
the segment I wanted to see. Each time I moved to another segment I was force
to watch a two minute break with ads and CBS promos before I could find out
what was in the segment. Three ad breaks later I was able to see what I
wanted.

Apparently Apps are optional, as I can access the same stuff via the CBS.com
web site or the App. But the forced ad break structure is annoying.