[opendtv] Re: LPTV and digital

  • From: Albert Manfredi <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 18:19:09 -0500

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

> John Shutt provided a good explanation of the problem with
> this approach. You are the one who is always objecting to
> the complexity of using a STB.

John made a good point. It's just that to me, this NTSC issue is a very
temporary problem, and it applies only to LPTV or translator users. My hope is
that all of these will go to digital long before 2012.

By the way, if I were dependent on a translator, I'd be doing whatever I could
to get them to switch over pronto. Since translators belong to full power
stations, I would expect they would switch over as soon as the FCC gives them a
frequency. LPTV might be something different, since I assume they are usually
strapped for cash.

In short, I don't think this is much than something to chuckle at the feds
about.