[opendtv] KCET

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 08:15:10 -0500

On 12/10/2012 11:52 PM, TLM wrote:

Mark -- Sorry about that. My parents were equating KCET with PBS, as it had become known around here over the years. So it was KCET that they really missed.

<snip>

From some local Internets posts (Mark, your EMail prompted me to look this up!):

"In short, you really had to want to watch channel 28. And I did. Why, that's where Sesame Street was;"

It's not where Sesame Street is anymore. You also can't find Downton Abbey there or Live from Lincoln Center or Nature or Frontline or The Metropolitan Opera Presents or Nova or Great Performances.

PBS stations around the country sometimes show the Los Angeles Philharmonic or Los Angeles Opera; KCET doesn't.

They DO carry Al Jazeera. There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not exactly local programming.

TTFN,
Mark