[opendtv] Re: It's all about Apps

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2015 06:16:11 +0000

Craig Birkmaier wrote:

Who knew. All you need to do is hook up a PC that costs hundreds of
dollars to your TV...

Amazing, isn't it, that no one seems to know. Not only that, but a cheap PC
will do in a pinch, and you aren't limited to a handful of pay-only sites that
will soon make up the difference in price.

Because they are programs, with pull down menus, mouse, keyboard,

Really, Craig? I guess you haven't used any of these sites. Pull-down menus,
keyboards, I seem uniquely capable of not running into such insurmountable
obstacles. I must be some sort of genius.

One guy some time ago, unbelievably, said, "I wouldn't want to have to type in
a web link every time I want to watch a TV program." Wow. TV does make people
stupid I guess, eh? Like they say.

I think there's a line forming right outside the Microsoft store...

Mindless hype sells news stories better than some small attempts at education,
it seems. Let's watch this bunch of hype fizzle like all the previous ones.