[opendtv] Re: It's Not Just The Antenna

  • From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 14:25:19 -0500

These are probably not RF problems.  They are problems upstream of the 8VSB DTV
transmitter.  There is no separate color subcarrier in DTV to drop out while
luma continues to be received.  Nor is there a separate sound subcarrier.  If
the station is compression coding NTSC source material, it's probably their
encoding equipment that is the problem.  However, there are problems on the
satellite digital distribution system to the stations.  the macroblocking shows
up on occasion even on NTSC reception.

Al Limberg