[opendtv] Re: "It can't be done"

  • From: Mark Aitken <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 13:46:36 -0500

Impressive? We'll see. Perhaps... but just a nit...since when did the NE corridor not include Boston (as just one example)?

Craig Birkmaier wrote:
As a starting point, I did a bit of research yesterday into some basic OFDM design constraints. The best resource I found is a pdf White paper published by MediaFlo, the Qualcom subsidiary that is building out an OFDM-based mobile TV infrastructure in recovered 700Mhz spectrum.Here is the link:

http://www.qualcomm.com/mediaflo/news/pdf/MediaFLO_SFN_Whitepaper.pdf

The paper is highly informative, and includes several maps detailing how the network will be built in several areas of the country. One interesting take away is that it will take only 30 transmission sites to completely cover the NE corridor, and this includes both national channels and local channels in several markets. You can zoom in on the maps and see exactly how they plan to do it.

--
<>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>   ><>
Regards,
Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology
<><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><   <><
===================================
Sinclair Broadcast Group
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030
===================================
Business TEL: (410) 568-1535
Business MOBILE: (443) 677-4425
Business FAX: (410) 568-1580
E-mail: maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
Text PAGE: page.maitken@xxxxxxxxxx
HTML PAGE: 4436774425@xxxxxxxxxx
www.newscentral.tv
www.sbgi.net
===================================

"As far as the laws of mathematics
refer to reality, they are not certain,
and as far as they are certain,
they do not refer to reality."

------- Albert Einstein-------

"I like nonsense—it wakes up the brain cells.
Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.
It's a way of looking at life through the
wrong end of a telescope...and that enables
you to laugh at all of life's realities."

~ ~ Theodor S. Geisel, a.k.a. "Dr. Seuss" ~ ~