[opendtv] Re: Internet TV tries to go mainstream

  • From: "Kon Wilms" <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 10:49:58 -0500

Wow. A webcast in H.264. Hold me back. How is it that every couple of
years people just 'forget' everything they learned in the past?

Now if you want to talk live tv, some enterprising soul has created a
'tv pack' for the xbox media center player. He's found all the MMS and
other streaming servers (including webcams in bizarre locations,
high-bandwidth streams which providers 'forgot' to secure, etc.) he
could get his hands on, and linked each one into a genre/category
complete with a snapshot image of each 'station'. The 'station' list
totals a few hundred. The cool part is that when browing this 'lineup'
you have little to no idea if you will hit a webcam pointed at a beach
in portugal or some guy's media encoder in germany hooked to the net.

Cheers
Kon