[opendtv] Re: Internet Patent Claims Stir Concern

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 21:07:19 -0400

Bert  -

You seem to be responding as if the article was about not-for-free web
services.  But it is about silly patents on Internet related ideas.

There is a major land grab going on now in the space of ideas.  It is
best conceptualized by a chapter title in law professor Jessica Litman's
excellent book "Digital Copyright" which referred to the saga as
something like "Lawyers set out to conquer cyberspace".

- Tom