[opendtv] Interesting ATSC receiver for $189 regular price

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:14:35 -0500

Digitalstream HD 1150

Intyriguing, and at a regular price of only $189. Not bad. This
is the lowest regular price I've seen so far. Although last
holiday season, I did see prices as low as $199, so the downward
movement wasn't as much as I had predicted.

This box has both NTSC and ATSC reception, and it's also from Korea,
which promises well.

(Note that Adobe Acrobat will ask you if you want to install Korean
fonts. Say yes, or you won't get the document.)

http://im1.onecall.com/Image_Products/DigitalStream/STB_HD1100E.pdf

I noticed that the on-screen menu looks very similar, although not
identical, to the one from my Accurian, which perhaps means it's
also a Humax box. (Or maybe not, I don't know if there's some
sort of standard GUI used by multiple vendors.) All the setup steps
and options seem identical to the Accurian, with the addition of a
"fine tune" function for NTSC reception.

Not sure whether any stores carry this, it seems readily available
on the web, at www.onecall.com. A positive sign.

Wouldn't it be nice to know what's in it?