[opendtv] Re: Intel: Leaked HDCP copy protection code is legit

  • From: "Mike Tsinberg" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2010 15:26:32 -0400

The HDMI connecter is more consumer friendly then DVI. It is smaller, does
not need screws and "USB like". HDMI carry both Video and Audio and
currently with HDMI1.4 they added Audio Return and Ethernet as well. Copy
protection is a strong wish of content creators that is better done in
digital domain then analog. Those are the basic reasons I think.

Best Regards,

Mike Tsinberg
Key Digital Systems
Office: 914-667-9700 ext. 235