[opendtv] Re: Integrated DTV PSIP

  • From: Doug McDonald <mcdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2005 11:46:41 -0600

John Shutt wrote:
> Doug,
>
> As long as we're being blunt, you have to admit that your special case does
> not make anything I said invalid.  If your local Fox affiliate is not at
> full height or full power yet, that is no cause to invalidate my assertion.

It is at full allocated power and height. It's not a weak station,
I think it is sevral hundred kilowatts. Its just that they have a
low tower about 30 miles away and I'm on the wrong side
of a hill. At 1000 feet it would be over the hill. They also have
another station, bit it is 68 miles away, though on a 1300 foot tower.
It's easy to get with a good Yagi antenna, however.

> My assertion was a general statement that would apply post-transition, which
> clearly is a condition that does not yet exist in the greater Chicago area.

I'm not in the Chicago area ... I'm in Champaign, market 82.
We don't get any Chicago stations. I am not "between" any
markets.

We will have no difference post-transition. All stations will
keep their present digital allocations, except maybe one
which won't change things.

Doug McDonald