[opendtv] Indian Head Test Pattern

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 17:48:58 -0700

To the brain trust:

I am very familiar with Chuck Pharis and his info on the Indian Head
Test Pattern. I’m looking, however for an alternate source on the
history of the Indian Head Test Pattern and information as to why they
chose an Indian head as opposed to something else. I’m also looking for
any history on this icon of the TV industry. I’d very much like to
interview anyone who may have been involved with its development, but
there’s probably little chance of that. I do know that the original
artwork was done by a guy named Brooks and was dated 8-28-38. Your help
is and will be appreciated.

Larry Bloomfield
Sagacious Pixel
Order of the Iron Test Pattern