[opendtv] In Phoenix today

  • From: "Larry Bloomfield" <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 08:47:16 -0700

Hi all:

Just a note to let you know about the Road Show. We have technology with us
that was at NAB but not on the floor. It was presented in the Hilton by
invitation only and we have it with us. It will knock your sox off! Our
presentation is strictly educational and not a sales blitz.

Today we'll be in Phoenix.  For details visit their page on our website:

http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/09_Phoenix.htm

We'll be in Albuquerque on Friday:

http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/10_Albuquerque.htm

And in El Paso on Monday:

http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/11_El_Paso.htm

These are all SBE meetings. Attendance is free and open to ALL.

For the complete schedule, visit:

http://www.tech-notes.tv/2004/2004-1-Ininerary.htm

We have some really great door prizes:

The following prizes will be given away at each venue. From:

  1.. Clark Wire & Cable, a 500 ft. reel of digital cable. (This is the 3rd
year for Clark)
  2.. DSC Labs, a handy little Pocket size Color card for color balance of
cameras. (This is the 3rd year for DSC)
  3.. Verbatim, 2ea.  5-packs of Digital Vinyl and 2ea. 3-packs of DigitalMovie
DVD+ or-R
  4.. AJA, a D4E D/A Converter (SDI to NTSC/PAL or Y/C) with power supply.
  5.. The Society of Motion Picture & Television Engineers, a CD of their
latest TV Standards.
  6.. SENNHEISER, a pair of HD280 Pro headphones and
  7.. ADS, a personal DVD XPress which will take component, Y/C, audio and DV,
convert it to digital and give the user an output on a USB plug so they can
burn a DVD.

The following prizes will be given away at the end of the Road Show. From:

  1.. Fluke a Model 189 multimeter (This is the 3rd year for Fluke)
  2.. ADS Tech is donating a professional (rack mount) video production
solution that will incorporate the robust ability any station would need to
input their content in any format and export to the media of choice.  It will
incorporate the complete audio/video production software from Adobe.
  3.. AJA, a FR1D 1 RU, 4-slot mounting frame with dual power supplies, an
RH10UC 10-bit SDI to HD-SDI upconverter, and an RH10MD HD-SDI to 10-bit SDI
Downconverter with 1x4 HD-SDI distribution amplifier
  4.. Harris Broadcast Group, a 5.1 channel studio speaker monitoring system as
used to monitor the 5.1 channel audio at HD radio stations. (This is the 2nd
year Harris has helped out in this way) The winner will receive 5 ea. Sat-5, a
Sub-8 and a bass management controller
  5.. Sencore has committed to participate with a very valuable prize, but has
not let us know what it will be. This is the second year Sencore has provided a
door prize.)

Come! Bring your business card and if you don't have one, we have blanks.

Hope to see and meet some of you.

Larry Bloomfield
The Road Show - A Taste of NAB
1980 25th St.