[opendtv] Re: Iger: Computer Replacing TV as Primary Entertainment Source

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:19:58 -0700

I agree, John.  I saw that item, and I didn't think it really merited my
including it here.  A computer has been my primary media device for the
better part of a decade (tv, fm, jukebox), but I know that I'm in a very
small minority.

For small time-operators, the internet will be a way to get a leg up.

Speaking of that, 8 million people have streamed the very funny Sarah
Silverman "I'm F*****g Matt Damon" clip from ABC.com and YouTube.com, and a
smaller number have streamed the response, Jimmy Kimmelman's less funny but
more ambitious "I'm F*****g Ben Affleck" clip.

However, unless I'm missing something, they aired first on "Jimmy Kimmel
Live."

John Willkie, who disagrees that Sarah Silverman is the new Lucille Ball
(more like the new Sophie Tucker) that moniker goes to Tina Fey, but Tina
"does clean."