[opendtv] Re: If you can't beat 'em...

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 08 Apr 2006 16:33:59 -0400

Hey, I wasn't trying to propose any really new technology, just listing
a bunch of stuff that we already know how to do to show what could be
done (to the folks that aren't doing it).

And what is missing is a partnership with one or more local broadcasters
to actually do one or more of these options.

BTW, my comment about only one broadcaster was to show the capacity of
only a single channel, and therefore only one extra tuner.  Obviously
more would be more.  But it seemed 50 new high quality HR.HDTV movies a
day on a single channel should already be more than impressive.

- Tom