[opendtv] Re: ISPs denied entry into apartment buildings could get help from FCC

  • From: "John Shutt" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "shuttj" for DMARC)
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2017 00:36:52 -0400

You lost me there, Bert. For home use, Internet use depended 100% on guaranteed-neutral, Title II telephone lines TO DIAL INTO AN INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER'S MODEM POOL. How the Internet service provider handled the data once you hit their network was not regulated by Title II. As I recall, in the dial-up days some larger internet content providers paid for dedicated T1tie lines to the larger ISPs, resulting in those ISPs boasting a faster internet experience than their competitors, even at the same 56K dial-up rate.

Cheers,

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>

What crap. For home use, Internet use depended 100% on guaranteed-neutral, Title II telephone lines.