[opendtv] Re: IPTV EPG Details .........How ...

  • From: "Gary Hughes" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 15:42:02 -0500

At this stage you probably want to look at some of the IPTV middleware
providers, such as Myrio or Minerva to see how they tie together the
guide, client interface etc..

> Each network that is carried as an IP Multicast should provide their=20
> program schedules to your system. You then build the EPG based on=20
> this input and add to it the information about any programming that=20
> is delivered as VOD from your servers.
>=20
> >do the IPTV service provider had to receive the EPG from different=20
> >EPG providers/Broadcasters for different group of channels  ?   or=20
> >is it possible to  receive the EPG for all the channels from a=20
> >single EPG providers  ?
>=20
>=20
> There are services that create generic program guides for each TV=20
> market in the U.S. Look at Titan TV.
>=20
http://www.titantv.com

The two big players in the US are Tribune and TV Guide. Both use
proprietary formats. There are a few sources of guide data in XML-TV=20
format. Not sure what the rules would be to use that for a commercial
deployment.

gary

Gary Hughes
Director of Media Engineering
Broadbus Technologies, Inc.
ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
v: 978 264 7919
f: 978 264 9108

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain =
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this =
email message is addressed. If you have received this email message in =
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and =
destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.