[opendtv] Re: IPTV EPG Details .........How ...

  • From: Prashant Desai <prashant.desai@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:11:45 +0530

you means the EPG provider provides the feed of EPG DataBase over the
internet  .......using the received Data the IPTV service provider have to
build the actual EPG  for Broadcast TV  correct  ?

and as there are not any EPG provider [ atleast we dont know ] who provides
such EPG DataBase feeds in india ,   the IPTV service provider has to
generate the EPG based on the EPG data received by the individual Channel
broadcasters   [ within the TS ]  or  out of Band  [ mail , printed copy ]
etc  ..........

is my interpretation of  above correct  ?  please provide details if i have
missed or  misinterpreted anything regarding this  .......... i would like
to understand all the possible option by which as a IPTV provider can
receive the EPG data so can checkout  all of them closely and thus decide
the best suited one ...........
till  now i was under impression that  we will get the ready made EPG Data
Feeds from EPG Data Providers [ example  "Trimedia" ]  who  gather all the
data from the individual broadcasters and then provide the same to iTV
providers
is that belief  wrong   ?

regards,
Prashant