[opendtv] Re: IP Multicast for large scale applications

  • From: John McClenny <jamcclenny@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 09:01:51 -0600

This is kind of interesting, but all of these problems have been
solved outside of the scope of IETF.  These aren't unknown problems,
just another spin of the innovation wheel.  MSOs/Telcos know how to
authenticate, bill, and manage a network.  Adding SSM multicast to
distribute video isn't a big leap.