[opendtv] Re: IE 10 experience

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2013 09:00:44 -0500

At 10:36 PM +0000 2/18/13, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:
Then I said, let's see what streaming protocol I'm using, at all the sites I typically go to. I don't know whether there's any preference built in, for HTML5 over Flash or the other way around, however in every single case, I was viewing the stream with my Flash 11 player. So, either HTML5 is not so ubiquitously available yet (at least, not for PC devices), or for some odd reason, IE still prefers Flash.

No. The servers you are accessing apparently give Flash preference over HTML5.

Turn off the Flash plug-in and see what happens.