[opendtv] I found one

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: OpenDTV Mail List <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 08:11:21 -0500

Got my hair cut yesterday by a young stylist I have never met before.

She is a homegrown local who live to the southwest of Gainesville. Seems that her family never had cable and she grew up with four channels of OTA TV.

She told me of her "excitement" after getting a voucher and buying a DTV STB. She now gets 10 channels that come in crystal clear via the rabbit ears atop her TV.

I mentioned that she lived in the perfect area for this type of reception - she is actually closer to most of the transmitters than most of us here in Gainesville. They all come from different points on the compass, but there are NO obstructions or multipath and she has tons of signal strength being close to the transmitters.

She also mentioned that she does not watch much TV...