[opendtv] Re: Humax Ships $229 ATSC Set-Top Tuner

  • From: "Mark A. Aitken (Webmail)" <maitken@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 02 Apr 2005 13:29:56 -0500 (EST)

I have yet to do field trials on this one, but I will say that these folks
have done the best job yet on a 'real" and useful EPG based on PSIP. Full 2
week by all station (with current program preview) program listing. Now, only
if Broadcasters would do a respectful job of getting PSIP right!m ;-) I can
not speak fully for other parts of the country (yet) but our Baltimore
staitions have it right (as have our other stations AFAIK), and we are the
only ones in this market! The CBS O&O has the wrong time (1 day of info only),
and everyone else has the DST set wrong!

Nicely built box, good "feel", and good consumer interface.

A real deal at less than $200 if it works in most environments. We'll see...

Quoting John Golitsis <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Wow!  J&R Music World is selling this for $199!
>
> http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4022597

Regards,

Mark A. Aitken
Director, Advanced Technology