[opendtv] Re: Human Field of View; was Re: Re: Fwd: Expo 2005 (Sony GLV)

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2005 18:45:32 -0400

Brian Park wrote:

> Here's a 180 x 120 screen licensed from yours trully.
>
> http://www.virtrasystems.com/pm_immersa.cfm

Interesting. Looks like a VR headset whose function is
performed instead by a dome around your head.

Yesterday night we went to the movies. A 2:35:1 feature.
Sitting a few rows closer to the screen than mid
theater, there was actually a lot of my field of view
not filled by the screen. When the lights go down, it
becomes easy to ignore. Nevertheless, even such large
screens don't come close to filling anyone's field of
view. Same applies to IMAX. I think any claims of these
screens "filling your field of view" should emphatically
be surrounded by quotation marks.

Your dome, or goggles, are needed.