[opendtv] Re: Hughes HR10-250 Tivo HDTV vs. Microsoft's Media Center Edition Review

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2004 21:28:16 -0700

Last time I checked it was not April 1 today or on July 12.

There is absolutely no comparison between MCE and Tivo -- Tivo wins
hands down. Every year at NAB I walk past the MCE demos and chuckle at
the composite/NTSC recording capabilities.

Glorified STB PCs can be built for less, with remote and cheaper
software (like Linux/MythTV, which walks all over MCE).

Cheers
Kon