[opendtv] Re: How to Watch the Oscars Online, and Why You Probably Can't

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2015 09:51:19 -0500

On Feb 23, 2015, at 8:27 PM, Manfredi, Albert E <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> I don't. No one wants to see a decline, Craig, without talking action. A
> channel previously devoted to exclusive-MVPD-bundle existence agrees to be
> distributed simultaneously over an OTT pipe. Quite a remarkable change.

Not remarkable at all. The entire industry is moving to Internet distribution.
vMVPD bundles have been hyped for several years, and are finally becoming real
products.

It is the nature of content owners to sell to any middleman willing to pay the
price...

And they will be happy to cut exclusive deals if the price is right.

>> Were you sitting at the bargaining table?
>
> Were you? This is the kind of change I had predicted would happen, Craig, and
> for some reason you thought it would never happen.

Nothing has changed yet Bert. I have been talking about the MVPDs moving to the
Internet for at least a year, if not longer. This is just natural evolution.

Have you signed up for Sling yet Bert?