[opendtv] Re: How small can video cameras become?

  • From: Doug McDonald <dtvmcdonald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 08:40:09 -0700 (PDT)

--- Mike Enright <menright1@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If you search for "magazine mechanical requirements"
> you will find that
> most magazines want files at 300 dpi, which for the
> cover is going to
> work out to just under 8.5 megapixels.

Having worked with magazines or rather scientific
journals, they are total idiots when it comes to
images.

I once had a journal reject a picture with 512x512
pixels because it was labelled "72 dpi". They said
"please
submit it at what it really was when scanned", so I
did ... which was 25,000,000 dpi. They didn't like
that either. So I laboriously fixed it to
say "300 dpi" and they were happy .... despite it
being the exact same set of pixels.

Doug McDonald

=====
Doug McDonald
my last name at scs dot uiuc dot edu, not here at Yahoo, please