[opendtv] Re: How one couple beat the cable company

  • From: Ron Economos <w6rz@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2014 20:04:39 -0700

Here's the 10 MHz wide LTE signal from that node overloading my SDR.

Ron

On 10/17/2014 06:00 PM, Manfredi, Albert E wrote:

Yes, but that's a different discussion. As of now, the people this article was
talking about still need OTA for live events. So Cliff made the point that OTA
was not so easy for some, like himself, and I responded that translators are
the obvious solution.

You brought up LTE again, as if that would remotely solve the problem for
someone as far from the center of any market as Cliff is. Imagine the
Philadelphia broadcasters creating LTE coverage for a circle of 35 mile radius
around Phila. Do the math and tell me how many towers that would require, at
anything approaching 3 b/s/Hz.