[opendtv] Re: How Many Strikes Until They're Out?

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 09:16:15 -0400

This post is totally out of line John.

You got foisted upon your own petard, and now you are just "spinning."

At 10:05 AM -0700 4/3/08, John Willkie wrote:
"statutory" is the cave-out for you.  I don't need to do cut and paste.
Before then, it was simply regulatory.
Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it, and not know what happened
later.  And, you use a google books result (a promo).

Not I; I saw that syndex and Network Non-duplication announcements on cable,
starting in 1978.  They even cited an FCC rule number.

If you want to discuss this, okay.  If you want to find thin reeds to
support your wrong ideas, that is fine, too.  But, I will call it out.

Also, the 1972 rules were actually stayed for a number of years.  But, you
can't easily learn that from Google.

John Willkie, who actually read the FCC decisions AT THE TIME THEY WERE
ISSUED.