[opendtv] Re: How Do I Get Rid of Interference?

  • From: Richard Hollandsworth <holl_ands@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2007 10:39:15 -0700 (PDT)

antennaweb.org is truly a disgrace.....

If you Google <fcc tvq>, you will find that KVVU-DT is licensed for CH9 in the
FCC TV Query database.
You can search for either <KVVU> (do not type more than four letters) or do a
geographical search.

I prefer www.fccinfo.com to access the database cuz the printouts actually fit
a page width, have a lot more options and usually doesn't overlook low power
stations.

holl_ands

================================
dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx wrote:  They must have moved KVVU-DT to channel 9.  It was
slated for ch. 24 and that is what I am showing on my last spectrum survey made
3 years ago.  It looks like I need take another spectrum survey.
Antennaweb.org didn't have anything for channel 9 or KVVU-DT and I couldn't
find the latest frequency assignments at fcc.gov.  Anyone know where to look?

 I spoke with Marty at KLVX about it some time ago (this has been a problem for
the past 2 or 3 years), but he didn't have any answers to what it might be.  He
says he hasn't had any other complaints.  This makes me think it is unique to
my path or it is something in between the two transmitting mountains.

 I don't think it is overload of the front end of the receiver because I put
multiple levels of pad in and the picture just faded into snow.  The snow
distinctly changed, another reason I think it is a digital transmission.

 A DTV transmission on ch. 9 would explain the interference.  My TVs and VCRs
were designed long before the DTV transition was even thought of and perhaps
they just don't have the side rejection.  One of these days I'll upgrade to
better equipment when the price gets down to the my perceived value of media.

 Dan

The fish are biting.