[opendtv] Re: How Bush Blew It

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 11:53:30 -0700

now, we're an amateur hydrologist and civil engineer, too?  Me, I'll stick
with General Strock of the ACE (Army Corps of Engineers) one of the few
quiet and rational sources of information in this crisis.

The Netherlands solved this problem a few decades back, and they got away
from harebrained ideas to do it.  Water is extremely powerful: in this case,
one 62,000+ ton oil rig was wrenched from it's pilings and moved 60 miles by
Katrina, to hit the worst affected area: Biloxi MS.

122 or 819 manned oil rigs in the Golfo de Mexico are damged; more than a
dozen were broken from their very sturdy pilings.

Try planning for that!