[opendtv] Re: House Commerce Committee Probes DTV Transition

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2008 16:19:11 -0800

I didn't know that you were discussing a major market, though you may have
said that in your original posting and I skimmed over it.
I do agree with you analysis in these cases. However, WBAL, whose DTV
channel on 59 is out of the core and must be changed in February. I don't
know why they decided to revert to Ch.11 at such low power, which on the
surface seems like a poor choice. Perhaps there was no other viable UHF
frequency available in that congested area, even after the DTV transition
or, perhaps they know that they can increase power on channel 11 after the
transition??