[opendtv] Re: Hollywood may demand DRM for larger harddrives

  • From: "John Willkie" <JohnWillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 23:22:03 -0700

so, Hollywood is responsible for your downloading a screener instead of
seeing the content in a theater?  I suspect you don't have a f*****g iota of
what a screener really is, you are just using that term as well as you use
any term.

Hint: a screener is a copy of a movie that is made available to academy and
guild members for voting at Oscar time.  It replaces the "for your
consideration" showings in Hollywierd theaters and the vcr copies that
preceded dvd screeners.  In otherwords, these are pristine -- and recently
watermarked -- DVDs that are never intended for commercial release or
redistribution.  (Academy and guild members are now routinely kicked out of
their group if one of their screeners gets out.)

In other words, only an idiot -- I'm sure you qualify on this point -- would
call a shitty internet copy a screener.  I think you're actually talking
aboutrips from conformance copies with visible time codes.

And, Hollywood is somehow responsible for a consipracy to induce you to
download these things?  I should turn you into hollywood for the reward and
the pure fun of it.  (second time this year I've used that line, but it's a
keeper.)

You're so dumb that you admit to consipracy to violate copyright laws on a
public email list that is read by Hollywood types ($150,000 per title, you
could be charged) , and you think that Hollywood is a co-conspirator.  Geez