[opendtv] Re: High-Tech CEOs Push Digital TV Deadline

  • From: WallaceDTV@xxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 21:06:12 EDT

I have a proposal.
I would suggest to the folks on the hill that broadcasters will agree to a
date certain for shutdown of analog. And, if (more like when) the Hill wants
the
analog transmitters turned back on, Broadcasters will charge the Treasury for
each hour that we have to run the "un-needed" and "parallel" analog
transmitter plants. I would say that an hourly rate could be determined that
would pay
for the digital plant in a very short time.
Essentially, the deal is we'll shut it down - BUT- you have to pay us to turn
it back on when the voters respond by calling their congressman.

How many folks on the Hill would agree to that compromise?

Dennis Wallace