[opendtv] Re: Hearings :Cost of Converter Boxes

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 18:45:44 -0500

Stuff deleted. I give up on this thread.

But I cannot ignore this...

>What kills spectral efficiency, in what you
>describe, is NOT the big stick. It is instead
>having separate markets close together.

How did I not see this. The problem is where people live, not the DTV
infrastructure

Forget about subsidized ATSC receivers...what we need to do is
relocate people to scarcely populated areas to eliminate market
adjacency.

I knew that there was a practical solution to this problem!

Unbelievable...